Global Citizenship Education related to STEM subjects
Part-time – 14 hours per week
£16.00 per hour
Fixed term, until 31 July 2018 (continuation dependent on further funding)
Aberdeen for a Fairer World wishes to appoint a Global Learning Adviser to develop educational resources for secondary school teachers in STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), to be based at the Montgomery Development Education Centre (MDEC) in Aberdeen.
Main duties will include:
- Developing a STEM-focused continuing professional development (CPD) resource for secondary school teachers, linking global learning and global citizenship to the Learning for Sustainability agenda.
- Preparing a teacher resource pack to accompany the CPD session, with suggestions for links to the Curriculum for Excellence.
- Piloting the delivery of the CPD session among secondary school teachers in Aberdeen at after-school ‘twilight’ sessions or other training events.
- Evaluating the CPD sessions and resources, revising as required and preparing reports
The post-holder will be supported by and liaise with a network of experts in STEM-based global citizenship education, which has already been identified by MDEC.
Applicants should ideally have:
- Experience and an active interest in one or more STEM subjects.
- Familiarity with and commitment to global justice issues such as the Sustainable Development Goals, human rights and Fair Trade.
- Experience of delivering educational sessions to teachers and/or young people.
- Knowledge of the Scottish Curriculum for Excellence.
- Excellent communication, organisational and IT skills.
- Experience in project evaluation and writing reports.
- A clean driving licence and access to a car.
This post is funded by the Department for International Development (DfID) as part of the Global Learning Programme – Scotland. It is offered on a part time basis of 14 hours per week, with flexibility of working hours and location possible, within the requirements of the post.
To apply, please email your detailed CV with a covering letter to: email@example.com
For further information, including a more detailed job specification, please call the Montgomery Development Education Centre on 01224 620111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 6 February 2018 at 5pm.
Interviews are planned for the afternoon of Wednesday 14 February 2018.
Aberdeen for a Fairer World is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Applicants should be prepared to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
Montgomery Development Education Centre is the education section of Aberdeen for a Fairer World Scottish Charity Number SC014585.
45 Victoria Street, Aberdeen AB10 1UX